Let's Talk Residential Life Counseling
Let's Talk is brief consultation that is available to all student residents within University Housing at San Francisco State University. It is a place where you can talk about concerns and receive expert suggestions about solutions and resources or just have someone who listens well and can offer support. It's informal, confidential, completely free, no appointment is necessary and no topic is off limits. Whether it's stress, sadness, relationship problems or academic pressures, sharing your concern with another person can make a positive difference. That's what Let's Talk is all about.
Here are some common concerns students come in to talk about:
- Adjusting to a new culture
- Difficulty adjusting to school
- Academic pressures
- Family problems
- Financial struggles
- Relationship concerns
- Other concerns
When and where can I come in to Let's Talk?
You can come in at the following times and locations:
Mondays: 12:00 to 1:00pm
Location: Mary Ward office off Lobby
Tuesdays: 4:00 to 5:00pm
Location: Mary Park office in Lounge
Thursdays: 1:00 to 2:00pm
Location: Village Office across from Village Market
Who should visit Let's Talk?
Let's Talk is open to all student residents within University Housing at SF State. Let's Talk is the best fit for the following people:
- Student residents who are not sure about counseling and wonder what it's like to talk with a counselor.
- Student residents who are not interested in brief counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor.
- Student residents who have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through.
- Student residents who have a concern about a friend and would like some perspective on what to do.