Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and The SAFE Place are committed to assisting students, faculty, and staff by providing brief presentations and about our services and attending events to provide information about CAPS and The SAFE Place resources to the campus community.
We will make every effort to accommodate requests, but unfortunately, there are instances when we may not be able to fulfill a request. Please note to have both CAPS and SAFE Place attend an event, you must submit a request to each program.
CAPS is currently offering the following:
- CAPS Services & Access (CAPS staff can provide a 15 to 30 minute presentation on CAPS services and how to make an appointment)
- Tabling about CAPS services (CAPS staff can provide program information and resources related to mental health issues affecting students on campus)
The SAFE Place is currently offering the following:
- The SAFE Place Services & Access (15 minute introductions to The SAFE Place services and how to schedule an appointment)
- Tabling about The SAFE Place Services (Provide resources related to sexual violence and available supports on campus)
- Workshops for Student Organizations (Survivor’s Agenda, Kitchen Table Conversation or Supporting folks who experienced trauma)
- Please make sure you submit a CAPS Outreach Request Form and/or SAFE Outreach Request form at least three weeks ahead of your event
- You may consult with the CAPS Outreach Coordinator or the Manager of the SAFE Place if you have any further questions or if you have a time-sensitive request
- If your scheduled request has to be canceled or postponed, please notify us by email at “firstname.lastname@example.org” as soon as possible, and specify in the subject line whether the outreach request was with “CAPS” or “The SAFE Place”